Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Silent Walk At Night.
Silently out under the night
With dark shades of glorious splendour-
Pondering on the wonders of creation and
Bidding fare to the daylight,
Sister Moon with her light,
Shields me with shadows of love.
So the gentle breeze with her whispers,
Sings me the night lullaby.
That lullaby through a walk,
Takes me rolling; and
Through the gentle path, in preparation
For a thoroughfare to the dreamland.
Tarrying with the twinkling stars I gaze:
Feeling the touches, as of a cool romance-
When two two lovers tarry in love,
From the breathing of the night gentle whispers.
How I love this, a walk- when
The birds sing no more fun chat and
The trees aloof stand;
With the sun hiding his harsh smile.
A lullaby this walk is; to
The dreamland headway make,
Those lights emitted from the starry galaxies-
Beautifully ordered to light our paths
For a silent walk through the night.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silent Walk At Night. by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- To touch a star is to be ouch with respe.., Raymond Sawyer
- Her enchanted delight, Amgad Samy
- my glasses, Bull Hawking
- 64 and deaf, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- For every star that one see is the star .., Raymond Sawyer
- They came across a homeless-looking man, Cyndi K. Gacosta
- He Is A Clown, Poetic Lilly Emery
- Morally Corrupt, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- hey four eyes with the square tie, Jena Crowe
- Where there respect thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(1 February 1927)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)