Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Silent Walk At Night.
Silently out under the night
With dark shades of glorious splendour-
Pondering on the wonders of creation and
Bidding fare to the daylight,
Sister Moon with her light,
Shields me with shadows of love.
So the gentle breeze with her whispers,
Sings me the night lullaby.
That lullaby through a walk,
Takes me rolling; and
Through the gentle path, in preparation
For a thoroughfare to the dreamland.
Tarrying with the twinkling stars I gaze:
Feeling the touches, as of a cool romance-
When two two lovers tarry in love,
From the breathing of the night gentle whispers.
How I love this, a walk- when
The birds sing no more fun chat and
The trees aloof stand;
With the sun hiding his harsh smile.
A lullaby this walk is; to
The dreamland headway make,
Those lights emitted from the starry galaxies-
Beautifully ordered to light our paths
For a silent walk through the night.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silent Walk At Night. by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Naveed Khalid
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Sir Walter Scott
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- Exposure, Wilfred Owen
- Christmas Trees, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Ring Out , Wild Bells, Alfred Lord Tennyson
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
Poem of the Day
- The unknown face, vinit ghosh
- Kiss Me Bye, Md. Ziaul Haque
- Lust, Love, Hate, Pain, freya busby
- ruff draft.., Leila Hadi
- On Repeat, Leila Hadi
- Ammunition for the Cause, Leila Hadi
- my high school poetry, Leila Hadi
- westnile, Leila Hadi
- With colors, gajanan mishra
- OBITUARY TO INNOCENTS (KILLED SCHOOL CHI.., shuvo chakraborty