Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson
A Silent Walk At Night.
Silently out under the night
With dark shades of glorious splendour-
Pondering on the wonders of creation and
Bidding fare to the daylight,
Sister Moon with her light,
Shields me with shadows of love.
So the gentle breeze with her whispers,
Sings me the night lullaby.
That lullaby through a walk,
Takes me rolling; and
Through the gentle path, in preparation
For a thoroughfare to the dreamland.
Tarrying with the twinkling stars I gaze:
Feeling the touches, as of a cool romance-
When two two lovers tarry in love,
From the breathing of the night gentle whispers.
How I love this, a walk- when
The birds sing no more fun chat and
The trees aloof stand;
With the sun hiding his harsh smile.
A lullaby this walk is; to
The dreamland headway make,
Those lights emitted from the starry galaxies-
Beautifully ordered to light our paths
For a silent walk through the night.
Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Silent Walk At Night. by Okoronkwo Jonathan Jackson )
- Just For Me, Elia Michael
- A Sad Bird, Rohit Sapra
- we are a perfect promenade, Mandolyn ...
- When Love Opened The Door, Lora Colon
- Bounty of giving, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.50, Monk E. Biz
- The hunter's trap شرك الصياد - للشاعر ال.., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Tears of Eyes Speak The Truth, Rohit Sapra
- Goose bumps / song, Mark Heathcote
- The Chameleon, Sir Toby
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Farewell, Anne Brontë
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Mewlana Jalaluddin Rumi
(1207 - 1273)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
- Heather Burns