A perfect mess (Prose)
10th of April 2013...
She comes in — walking with heavy steps...She walks in with naturally curly hair hiding her face — hiding her eyes.
There she sits — First row, third seat on the right, Like always...
She sets her black 'the Beatles' backpack down on the floor...
Choked on silence...Suffocating with her own words...Smothered by her own thoughts. Time is stretching...Something is killing her inside! Deep inside — it's killing her! ! She now takes a few breaths before taking her breakfast and iphone out of her backpack — Big chunks of oranges and apples for breakfast in a Tupperware...She checks her phone & goes through the photos posted on Instagram just to find a way out — hoping to find something that would keep her mind off.... Shitty Things keeping her mind busy! —those damn thoughts are disconnecting her from her surroundings!
She opens the Tupperware and picks a piece of apple and slowly puts it in her mouth — Mouth tastes of sick stomach twisting inside, she seems to have difficulty swallowing...She checks her phone to help herself take what’s upsetting her out of her mind... She lies to herself — She looks me in the eyes and lie to both of us saying that she’s fine... But I know — I know that there is something hidden under her heart... There's no need to tell me because it's written on her face... I can see her tears, I can see the sadness in her drowning eyes, I can hear the words that went unspoken....
But I don't know what to do or what to say....
Sameera Alshaikh's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A perfect mess (Prose) by Sameera Alshaikh )
- दर्द ही सही (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- तेरा ग़म (Hindi), Rajnish Manga
- On the road of life على طريق الحياة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Travel, Hans Raj Sharma
- I Will Enter, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Unlimited Love, howard simon
- O, Earth! O, Heavens!, Rachel Glassman
- Epithalamium, Rachel Glassman
- Old age in life among us., MOHAMMAD SKATI
- A Sonnet, Rachel Glassman
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Farewell Love and All Thy Laws Forever, Sir Thomas Wyatt
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(8 February 1911 – 6 October 1979)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)