Poet of the River
A Part Of Me(Thought)
You are on the outside looking in,
You never frown,
You never grin.
When you are down,
You never let anyone in.
You never say a thing,
You never make a sound.
You have no possessions, no ring.
I listen to your heart, yet I don't here anything..
You come and go like the mist.
There for a moment, then blown away.
I wish you would come home with me.
when you come, have the heart to stay.
never leave me alone.
And never go away.
Poet of the River's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Part Of Me(Thought) by Poet of the River )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- A Homage To The Freedom Fighters Of India, Raja Basu
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- A Red, Red Rose, Robert Burns
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Tonight I can write the saddest lines, Pablo Neruda
Poem of the Day
- ಪ್ರಶ್ನೆ, Deepak Malapur
- A Cruel Hope, Praveen Nautiyal
- Our Vista, Hazel Durham
- UNWANTED, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- In my poems each word, gajanan mishra
- The silent Witness, Angell Afinowi
- Peaceful Faculty-5, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Peaceful Faculty-4, Pranab K. Chakraborty
- Dear Mom! Please Come Back, Raj DEVAN
- Peaceful Faculty-3, Pranab K. Chakraborty