A Most Uncommon Man
I know a most uncommon man
Who now must stand alone.
The way he chose to walk life's span,
Our group would not condone.
He would not feign, rebuke or curse,
Or plant a Judas kiss.
He did not crave a jewelled purse,
But strove for inner bliss.
We never shook his hold on peace,
With lures of worldly worth.
He measured man for dignities,
Not by material girth.
His plan devoting time for thought,
Denied our banal play;
A broader, deeper life he sought,
Along his thirsting way.
He was not anchored to his perch,
By bonds of social stare.
He felt that one should ever search,
Or sink in aimless care.
A non-conforming dreamer, he
Did shun our social code;
With what we call absurdity,
He walked the lonely road.
Now, as we struggle in our rut,
I must say this to you-
If that man really was a nut,
I'll take a peck, or two.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Most Uncommon Man by Joseph Anderson )
- This Is Our Mega City, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love is a Liquid ~~~ vs.55, Monk E. Biz
- Global Village, Bijay Kant Dubey
- PRETTY GOOD START.., ging taping
- Draw me in your heart, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- The thirst is a thorn., Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Simple toys, hasmukh amathalal
- Acquaintance across the gender, Rm.Shanmugam Chettiar.
- Begining of my love, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
- What is all truth, Nehemiah Theophylus Haokip
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Footsteps of Angels, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Primary Colours, vince gullaci
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)