A Humble Man
Can you find a humble man,
Glad to be on God's green earth?
One who holds no greedy plan,
Knowing wealth has no true worth.
Perhaps, if you search around
You may find the one I seek;
Standing firm on shaky ground
Proud, yet modest, kind, yet meek.
If your search discovers him
Would you for a moment pause,
To lift his precious diadem
And return to me, because
I cannot find the one I seek,
Someone with a gentle plan;
Proud, yet modest, kind, yet meek;
Can you find a humble man?
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Humble Man by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- *Little Budding Stars, C. P. Sharma
- Kar Denge Jaan Nisar Hum Batan Ke Baste, Sawariya Kumar
- Ancient remnants, Piyush Dey
- *Haridas: Tansen's Guru, C. P. Sharma
- Past Tense, Jake Deeds
- thunder strike, ademola oluwabusayo
- hidden agenda, ademola oluwabusayo
- लोगोनिसिम, Bahadur Basumatary
- Season of togetherness, Piyush Dey
- Hindi Haiku, S.D. TIWARI