A Mid Life Crisis
He's sitting front and center
As we toast him here today;
'Tis sad he'll ne'er reenter,
His youth, once bright and gay.
Despite his promising career,
His darling wife and kids;
We hope the spectors lurking near
Won't send him into skids.
You see, he's turning big 5-0,
Oh! The trauma of it all.
His spring and summer came and went
And up ahead looms fall.
Now, at life's epicenter,
Bereaved with loss of fun;
To see what's waiting down the road,
Just grab life's ball and run.
Joseph Anderson's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
till it's over
Comments about this poem (A Mid Life Crisis by Joseph Anderson )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- Is poet, gajanan mishra
- It just is (Spoken word poem), Fiona McCullough
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -72, Ronjoy Brahma
- Decoys, Birgitta Heikka
- Which Stones Cast Leave Permanent Scares?, Terence G. Craddock
- Tranquil Place, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Qualified Candidates For Euthanasia, Terence G. Craddock
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -71, Ronjoy Brahma
- City Workers, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- बबेयाव थांनो?, Bahadur Basumatary