A man of Character
With age, one in life's ladder escalates,
When the mind with age synchronizes.
He steps up and an exalted life portends,
He is true to life and to loftier planes transcends.
God made the beast with mind minimal,
He made man to discriminate from the animal.
Hence man should nurture profound thoughts,
As He formed the human against other lives of sorts.
His parlance sans breach should be of kind speech,
His sweet utterances the others should reach.
His deeds should function with benevolence,
He aught to ply his task with good performance.
His thoughts, locution, and action, altogether
Appropriate him to great heights as a man of character.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A man of Character by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- i can't help it but smile too, Manonton Dalan
- Learning Essence Of A Poet, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Beauty Unseen, Khairul Ahsan
- Down to Earth, moez meftah
- Away she went, moez meftah
- I Need A Reason To Live Your Dream, Asma Riaz Khan
- tera didar wo, Yashvardhan Goel
- My bloody heart!, Vinaya Joseph
- Cobwebs, Liilia Talts Morrison
- Gifts of Aging, Liilia Talts Morrison