A Picture Of Our Little Garden
The sand mound on the left,
And the colourful Zinnias edging it;
With profuse Asters adjacent,
And the triangular red bricks bordering it;
The wide windows artistic grille,
Below are the bright Cannas to the right;
The pale blue curtain over the window sill,
Over looking the blooming Hollyhocks bright;
The dense green leaves of the Radish,
With intermittent Balsams red and white;
The long stalked nodding Cosmos' swish,
All enchant and cheer the mind and sight.
The smooth and slender butterflies,
Both diurnal and crepuscular;
Of various hues fly, sit and rise,
Flit from flower to another flower.
Their wings are held vertically at rest,
Then when they bask in the sun they out-stretch:
Butterflies are Nature's beauteous best,
They to our hearts joy and delight fetch.
The yellow Sunflowers standing tall,
With the tender Jasmine climber to the fore;
Their white fragrant flowers allure all,
The picture perfect garden all of us adore.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Picture Of Our Little Garden by chandra thiagarajan )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
- Sleeping Summers Beauty, Doug Jones
- If William Carlos Williams Had Been Born.., W.B. Keckler
- When will heavens love ever decline us?, Mark Heathcote
- Winning Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Is it Halloween tonight, Mark Heathcote
- Buzzing Bee, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Question Reality, Monk E. Biz
- The Caged, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- Good Are All Nights, Poet Akinwemimo Idris
- DEADLY EB OLA VIRUS, Chinweokwu Sunlight M. Ndubu ..