A Lion Stole My Pencil (A Poem For Children)
A lion stole my pencil,
he held it in his teeth.
A lion with a pencil,
too much, beyond belief.
He wrote onto a notepad,
then shook his golden mane.
He only wrote one word,
that one word just read ‘pain! ’
In his paw, sat a thorn,
stuck, despite his might.
He needed me to take it out,
and that’s why he did write.
At first I didn’t want to,
it seemed a dangerous chore.
But the lion did convince me,
when he began to roar!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Lion Stole My Pencil (A Poem For Children) by Jojoba Mansell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Haiku, Noah Body
- Capitalist List Esteem Apex Peak Cut Down, Terence G. Craddock
- A million sparkling rainbows, Nick Kler
- selah, don't say la la la..., Mandolyn ...
- Ego Rulers Built Massive Monuments, Terence G. Craddock
- Capitalistic Perceived Important People, Terence G. Craddock
- here's an itty bitty bite, Mandolyn ...
- Remember Me (Dedicated 2 those that have.., Enyinwa Okechukwu Enyinwa
- school lunch woes and whoa it's healthy!, Mandolyn ...
- lack of caffeine means this, Mandolyn ...