A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children)
There’s a monster in my toilet,
all yellow fangs and claws.
It bangs against the lid,
and when you flush it roars.
I saw it only last night,
it was swimming like a shark.
During daytime it is sleeping,
but it comes out when it is dark.
My dad says I am joking,
my mum thinks it’s a prank.
But it goes splasing in the bowl,
and hides in the water tank.
Once I tried to catch it,
I used a piece of cheese.
I thought it would be simple,
but it escaped with graceful ease.
I think I’ll leave it in there,
yes I think I’ll let it be.
But in future I’ll be careful.
especially when I wee!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children) by Jojoba Mansell )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- I Watched In Wonder, Kyle Schlicher
- Snowflake Falling, Kyle Schlicher
- Weep No More, My Willow Tree!, Maria Magdalena Biela
- ebola virus, ademola oluwabusayo
- The Mirror of your life... can you face .., Dimitri Jagodinski
- Honour-killing Is A Sin/ Just For Family.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Love story, gajanan mishra
- My Prabhu! .....(Inspiration from KEE Th.., Geetha Jayakumar
- Arguendo, Michael Mullings
- Poem: Spiritual Upgrade, Joseph James Breunig 3rd