A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children)
There’s a monster in my toilet,
all yellow fangs and claws.
It bangs against the lid,
and when you flush it roars.
I saw it only last night,
it was swimming like a shark.
During daytime it is sleeping,
but it comes out when it is dark.
My dad says I am joking,
my mum thinks it’s a prank.
But it goes splasing in the bowl,
and hides in the water tank.
Once I tried to catch it,
I used a piece of cheese.
I thought it would be simple,
but it escaped with graceful ease.
I think I’ll leave it in there,
yes I think I’ll let it be.
But in future I’ll be careful.
especially when I wee!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children) by Jojoba Mansell )
- Coming Home, Randy McClave
- what is this? i don't even..., Mandolyn ...
- Today is but tomorrow..., David Lessard
- Sa hagupit ni Yolanda, nagkabuhol-buhol, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- At Nights, Madrason writer
- Trajectorya ng masuyong hampas-lupa, Sonny San Juan, Jr.
- falling down a well, well, you pushed me, Mandolyn ...
- Indeed, george albot
- Poets, Do You Agree?, Sandra Feldman
- broad boy souffle, derrick foster
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- One Art, Elizabeth Bishop
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)