A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children)
There’s a monster in my toilet,
all yellow fangs and claws.
It bangs against the lid,
and when you flush it roars.
I saw it only last night,
it was swimming like a shark.
During daytime it is sleeping,
but it comes out when it is dark.
My dad says I am joking,
my mum thinks it’s a prank.
But it goes splasing in the bowl,
and hides in the water tank.
Once I tried to catch it,
I used a piece of cheese.
I thought it would be simple,
but it escaped with graceful ease.
I think I’ll leave it in there,
yes I think I’ll let it be.
But in future I’ll be careful.
especially when I wee!
Jojoba Mansell's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Monster in my toilet (A poem for children) by Jojoba Mansell )
- Bane of Attraction, Anthony Edmond John
- Wandersong, Neil Kennett
- Open Me Up, I'm Present, Luva Boy
- The Poem, Neil Kennett
- Arrival of Fall, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- I Want You Woman, Luva Boy
- Almost A White Horse, mary douglas
- The Tall Ride, Tirupathi Chandrupatla
- Paces, Neil Kennett
- ህድደን ዎርልድስ - Hidden Worlds, Is It Poetry