A Grand Mother
Wearing the bark facial, she searches for her eyes
to read her destiny written somewhere on the wall
invisible from her.
Creates ripples of laughter sans dentures
she is not the one, to mind
like a banyan tree, she stands tall
to give shelter to each and every kind.
Branches broken, leaves blown away
yet happy is she
as seeds grow and transmigrate
into flowers and fruit laden trees
though beyond her reach now, far away.
Like a banyan tree, she still stands
weathering the storms of the time
providing shades to guests to take rest
to enjoy in her nest from time to time.
Cruel is the time but she has seen the worst
will power sustains her mind and soul
not the body though, now lives with anxiety and agony
time not far off to wear new clothes
and to say good bye to her uncaring progeny.
Soon she will also feel the heat like that banyan tree
from the builders, land mafias
and insensitive rascals of her own
bulldozing the very roots of hers
not waiting for her natural nirvana
to reap the benefits.
Tribhawan Kaul's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Copyright reserved/Tribhawan Kaul
Comments about this poem (A Grand Mother by Tribhawan Kaul )
- Poetry Is Where You Find It IV, Frank Avon
- As major, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic haiku by krishna Shivkumar yadav, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- Open it happily, hasmukh amathalal
- Footless though, gajanan mishra
- One reason, hasmukh amathalal
- Erotic Cup, Krishna Shivkumar yadav
- I Want To Play All Day and..., Monk E. Biz
- Every Poem Reveals Another Kind Of Sadness, Shalom Freedman
- Gramophone- Erotic Haiku Poetry, Krishna Shivkumar yadav