A Gentle Hour's Nightmare
As I lay my head,
to sleeps comfort bed
The light bringer visits
A gentle hour's nightmare
Beautiful, Friday the thirteenth
Only in my dreams
Nightmare or reality?
Feeling like a night on Elms Street,
Eyes open yet no signs waking up
Noisy sounds, silent
The numbers triple six pop
Crowded figures suddenly appear
One in particular follows,
Like a shadow of mine
Every step mimicked
Movement to movement,
Could this be mine?
Only one whisperer.
Music begins to play
An offer, "dance with me"
Sway with me"
Upon my refusal,
to shadows request
The clock starts to tick
Finally. I'm awake.
Kelvin Owusu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Gentle Hour's Nightmare by Kelvin Owusu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- I FORGIVE YOU 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- THE 4 STAGES OF YOUR CHILDREN'S LOVE, Beryl Dov
- SEARCH FOR PASSION 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the top of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- HONESTY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- How do i get to the p of the mountain, cristobal Benjumea
- FRIENDS VS. ENEMIES 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- CANDOR 10 WORD, Beryl Dov
- ummeedein, rohit kumar choudhary
- RATIONALITY 10 WORD, Beryl Dov