A Darker Eye
From the top to the bottom of the spine
It sent chills, a darker figure then I
His rise my fall, a take over as I crossed the line
Consumed by hatred fear strikes the dome the eye
Brown to a darker grey, a change, a loss of identity
No more the man let alone the word proud
A look of familiarity, with open arms I'm welcomed
‘I don't belong here'
‘yet you chose to come'
‘you darkened my path, my vision wasn't clear'
‘you talking like I twisted your arm'
‘but you did'
‘no little man, it was temptations whisper ‘
‘you tricked me'
‘I gave a suggestion, never forced your hand. You just never questioned'
Rejection of the lighter self to a darker consumption
A choice of one's deception or deep reflection
My journey may end on a hellish notion
Slow motion of a burning sensation
No such thing as wrong choice but consequences do exist
For every action there's a reaction
Though never too late to make the choice and make amends
The reaction of my actions is the loss of my innocence
Dear angel tell father I'm sorry.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Darker Eye by Kelvin Owusu )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Opportune Moments, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- OVER THE HARD ROCK OF SUICIDE, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Yesterday's Emotions, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Someone's History, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On a Love Train, Tosin Abegunde
- A Happy Song, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- The silent sufferer, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- A Desert Oasis, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- I COUNT FROM ONE TO TWENTY EASILY, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Velvet Moon, Lilly Emery