A Darker Eye
From the top to the bottom of the spine
It sent chills, a darker figure then I
His rise my fall, a take over as I crossed the line
Consumed by hatred fear strikes the dome the eye
Brown to a darker grey, a change, a loss of identity
No more the man let alone the word proud
A look of familiarity, with open arms I'm welcomed
‘I don't belong here'
‘yet you chose to come'
‘you darkened my path, my vision wasn't clear'
‘you talking like I twisted your arm'
‘but you did'
‘no little man, it was temptations whisper ‘
‘you tricked me'
‘I gave a suggestion, never forced your hand. You just never questioned'
Rejection of the lighter self to a darker consumption
A choice of one's deception or deep reflection
My journey may end on a hellish notion
Slow motion of a burning sensation
No such thing as wrong choice but consequences do exist
For every action there's a reaction
Though never too late to make the choice and make amends
The reaction of my actions is the loss of my innocence
Dear angel tell father I'm sorry.
Kelvin Owusu's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Darker Eye by Kelvin Owusu )
- God and Most Young People, Is It Poetry
- Left Before She Was Found, Sierra Staten
- Child in Me, Sierra Staten
- Of the Seven Deadly Sins- Jealousy, Emily Liang
- Crashed Thrones, Abby Bilan
- BMO, A.R Evangelista
- Let it remain, hasmukh amathalal
- Miracle over, hasmukh amathalal
- In The Eyes Of The Lord, Tom Zart
- My feelings, hasmukh amathalal
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Autumn Days, Heather Burns
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)