A Day On My Own
A day on my own doesn't happen a lot;
retired hubby hangs around a lot too.
Rare indeed this event;
surprises me I have no trouble
finding my old 'zone.'
Creativity is always the soothing balm
whether a good write or photo shoot,
... oh and music to boot.
Crank up that old rock n' roll
take me down memory lane;
can still do the twist and the stroll.
A day on my own is easy
to fill all the empty space;
one day can become
a fairly likeable place.
But then I know he'll return
at the end of the day.
And to be honest
whenever he's hangin' around,
somewhere near me...
I'm really at my happiest anyway.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day On My Own by Carolyn Brunelle )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
William Carlos Williams
(17 September 1883 – 4 March 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
Poem of the Day
- Missing, Luo Zhihai
- THE FIRST TIME, Rosie Bourget
- [®XLIX~]Watch Super Bowl 2015 (49) Live.., Renz Barns
- Beyond Beds Of Life, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- A Lonely Love, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Happy Birthday to A Friend I'm Missing, Akhtar Jawad
- THE BREAST CANCER JOURNEY, Rosie Bourget
- Wanting To Feel, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Submonition, Dorothy Kardas, Psy.D. Th.D.
- HURT, Rosie Bourget