A Day On My Own
A day on my own doesn't happen a lot;
retired hubby hangs around a lot too.
Rare indeed this event;
surprises me I have no trouble
finding my old 'zone.'
Creativity is always the soothing balm
whether a good write or photo shoot,
... oh and music to boot.
Crank up that old rock n' roll
take me down memory lane;
can still do the twist and the stroll.
A day on my own is easy
to fill all the empty space;
one day can become
a fairly likeable place.
But then I know he'll return
at the end of the day.
And to be honest
whenever he's hangin' around,
somewhere near me...
I'm really at my happiest anyway.
Carolyn Brunelle's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Day On My Own by Carolyn Brunelle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- A CELESTIAL PARTY, Romeo Della Valle
- restored, Mandolyn ...
- Miley Cyrus Perceived as a Martyr, A.j. Binash
- love became living again, Mandolyn ...
- Uncontained Sadness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Structure, Fiona McCullough
- Battles Of The Inner Child, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Multiplying Loneliness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- This Is Such A Pity, Electric Lady
- What Happen To Love, Lilly Emery