A Birthday Without You
The gathering was wonderful;
Laughter tasted great
Mixed with wine in the palate;
Birthdays are good reason to celebrate.
Like a scarf knitted together in love,
The family wrapped warmly around me,
But one of us was missing.
You were not there.
Left a hollowness to our joy;
A deep longing in our hearts.
A birthday without you wasn’t happy at all,
It just felt sad.
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Birthday Without You by Carolyn Brunelle )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- Think Before You Speak, Sandra Feldman
- Gratitude of my mother., Vishal Sharma
- My numb vessals of thoughts, Vishal Sharma
- I Have Decided, Silas Egbowon
- Poets (bilingual), Sandra Feldman
- OUR STREETS شوارعنا, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- The Cure For Winter Blues, Doris Beaulieu
- Tractor Pulls (Poem), Doris Beaulieu
- What It Would Take, David Whalen
- ASHES IN THE EYES, MOHAMMAD SKATI