Chris G. Vaillancourt
A Corpus Christi Mindset
Body of Christ.
I stand before it.
number of times.
'Hoc est enim'
I mutter in
time honoured fashion.
They line up like soldiers.
Eyes embraced with
words I have given them to say.
'Corpus Christi; Corpus Christi; Corpus Christi.'
Over and over until the last one has
returned to his place in the choral filled building.
They see me as the symbol of God.
Make the sign of the cross.
Renew me Jesus.
Chris G. Vaillancourt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Corpus Christi Mindset by Chris G. Vaillancourt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- আশীর্বাদ, Dr. Prabir Acharjee Nayan
- The Question of the Metaphysical Squirrel, Eugene Levich
- She Met Three Interesting People In The .., Toshie Nohara
- Aketay Imetay, D.L. Aceves
- Celestial Musings, Chris Running Bear
- Fairy Tale Of Magical Worlds, Chris Running Bear
- At my door, hasmukh amathalal
- Imagination but real, Mashiur Rahman
- I cant see you but I know you there, yolandey breedt
- Like an old-fashioned tradition, Kamini Arichandran