Chris G. Vaillancourt
A Corpus Christi Mindset
Body of Christ.
I stand before it.
number of times.
'Hoc est enim'
I mutter in
time honoured fashion.
They line up like soldiers.
Eyes embraced with
words I have given them to say.
'Corpus Christi; Corpus Christi; Corpus Christi.'
Over and over until the last one has
returned to his place in the choral filled building.
They see me as the symbol of God.
Make the sign of the cross.
Renew me Jesus.
Chris G. Vaillancourt's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Corpus Christi Mindset by Chris G. Vaillancourt )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Massasauga Saga - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- givesthewholegameaway, sEaN nOrTh
- Elegy of a crafted death, Shruti Goswami
- The Resting Mind!, Varanasi Ramabrahmam
- Morning Mist and Clouds, Ananta Madhavan
- All Equal, A.j. Binash
- Letting Go, Electric Lady
- नोँसोर फैफिनबाव, Bahadur Basumatary
- Love Letters on Leaves, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Halved, Raihana Abdul Jabbar