M.D Dinesh Nair
A Clay God For You
I saw a dream
In that a potter was making a clay toy
And it had the face of some God!
Not that of West or East
And nor that of Man or Brute.
He breathed life into it
And its heart began beating!
It had two seeing eyes,
Two hearing ears and a smelling nose
But it had no mouth!
I saw the potter now standing up
And holding the clay toy up above his head
He flew into the sky
Where he placed the God with face downward!
Then he jumped onto a hill down in the earth.
A God of the finest making He was
And He began working soon
The way He ought to have ever and ever
And the green planet now let out a cry of joy!
It was reverberating unto times immemorial.
The potter the who made the clay God
Had faces infinite in number
And I thought one would look like mine
But by then my dream had ended
And I had tears rolling down my face.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Clay God For You by M.D Dinesh Nair )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Did you read them?
- Muskuraanaa Sikho//Hindi, Aftab Alam
- How Good To Be Alive, Shalom Freedman
- His Smile You'll Recognize, Susan Lacovara
- Lead Feather, Joshua Riles
- For Just Tonight, Susan Lacovara
- My Love, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Mahua tree, gajanan mishra
- Why Are You So 'Nasty'?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Elegy For Whitney, michael walker
- This Poet's Playground, Susan Lacovara