M.D Dinesh Nair
A Clay God For You
I saw a dream
In that a potter was making a clay toy
And it had the face of some God!
Not that of West or East
And nor that of Man or Brute.
He breathed life into it
And its heart began beating!
It had two seeing eyes,
Two hearing ears and a smelling nose
But it had no mouth!
I saw the potter now standing up
And holding the clay toy up above his head
He flew into the sky
Where he placed the God with face downward!
Then he jumped onto a hill down in the earth.
A God of the finest making He was
And He began working soon
The way He ought to have ever and ever
And the green planet now let out a cry of joy!
It was reverberating unto times immemorial.
The potter the who made the clay God
Had faces infinite in number
And I thought one would look like mine
But by then my dream had ended
And I had tears rolling down my face.
M.D Dinesh Nair's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (A Clay God For You by M.D Dinesh Nair )
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Man's a Man for A' That, Robert Burns
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- Unchanging To Exchange Blame, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Have Fun! Why Not?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Respecting Ideas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- where you belong..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi
- Our Divine Differences, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Sense Of Being Directionless, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Desert, Nalini Jyotsana Chaturvedi
- Living on, The Princess is
- Gesture Of Tiredness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- at home..., veeraiyah subbulakshmi