Maria C. Costa
A Chant to Love, Peace & Life
If the world around you brings grief
And you hardly find relief,
Then seek the spiritual pole comforting your soul.
If your country rulers don't care
For the people's education, health, welfare,
Let sunbeams illuminate their minds
For the better of people's life and daydreams.
If people noble values forget
And their ancestors do not respect,
Help them listen for the sublime voice of silence
That's of paramount importance!
If warships stay on the shore
And innocent children live no more,
Send waves of compassion, sympathy
For their families missing them ever more.
Please keep struggling for a peaceful chance
Trust both God and your spiritual pole
You shall be alive, hopefully
Understanding this complex life dance!
Maria C. Costa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Chant to Love, Peace & Life by Maria C. Costa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Smell the Flowers, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Low Performances, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Trivial Pursuits, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- "These doodles help me...", Jeff Gangwer
- "In a manner of speaking...", Jeff Gangwer
- "Can I just...? ", Jeff Gangwer
- SLEEPING NIGHT, Egbe Chris
- Doorways / Points of Access, Jeff Gangwer
- "...on the hook", Jeff Gangwer
- Pioneers and Parade Floats, Jeff Gangwer