Ramesh T A
A Balance Of Power Game!
Stock piling of weapons has triggered Arms race!
Arms race is going on since the end of World War II.
In the Cold war period it went on between USA & USSR;
Now the game of balance of power goes between nations!
To maintain relative security balance of power goes on!
Now fed up with wars and futility everywhere peace attracts
And talk of peace between warring nations go on as usual.
Without peace of mind no peace of world can be created!
Nuclear non proliferation treaty is all talk without respect;
For, no reduction of Nuclear weapons has started yet!
Here example is better than precept holds good for all;
Preaching by practice can show some progress it seems!
World peace depends on promotion of nonviolence in mind
To contain the warring nature first before making it a reality!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (A Balance Of Power Game! by Ramesh T A )
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- In Flanders Field, John McCrae
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Heather Burns
(17 June 1867 – 2 September 1922)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)