Ramesh T A
Songs of the Singing Bird!
The unknown singing bird sang
Several songs for some years;
The songs of the singing bird
Soon created news and history!
All the life songs of the bird about
Nature and culture are literature now!
Knowledge and experience give wisdom
That gives a system of life to live;
This is called human culture.
For all, the beginning and the end
Are in Nature only and so it is
The friend, philosopher and guide
Not only to poets, scientists and artists
But also to the whole of mankind.
From first melody to last funeral song
All songs say only about human love!
In reality the more we love the dear one
The more the dear one goes far away!
The tragedy of loved one lives in mind
Ever plunging everyone in endless tears!
Love is the source of all creations in evolution
From blue green algae to man in the world!
Without love nothing can be created and
Great things worthwhile are achieved by men!
One such great thing is poetry of great poets
Absorbing heart, mind and soul of man ever!
What is poetry? Poetry is the magical expression,
Words of poet's heart echoing in the minds of men!
Building castle in the air and capturing in camera
Poetry does to produce the album of poetry book!
Collecting honey from flowers to build beehive
Poet bee weaves ideas together to compose poetry!
Arranging beautiful ideas focused on a subject
A great work of art poet creates in poetry with
Sound, sense, substance and seriousness in words!
Beautiful, sweet and light music of poetry absorbs
Heart, mind and soul to entertain and instruct with
Inspiring ideas to live a happy and prosperous life
With confidence, courage and endurance in the world!
Expressing experience of life in meaningful verse
Poet finds favour with everyone everywhere here!
Compressing many ideas in a nutshell, poet makes it
Possible to reveal Universal truths from trivialities;
Such a magical art in any other form of literature
It is not worth trying other than in poetry alone!
The all absorbing power of poetry is an invaluable art
That has royal reception everywhere in world literature.
Sweet songs of Nightingale, beautiful dance of peacock
And so on will be immortal and unforgettable in poetry!
So, the songs of the singing bird, whom we call a poet,
Will echo eternally in the hearts of men and world of art!
Ramesh T A's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Songs of the Singing Bird! by Ramesh T A )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Algernon Charles Swinburne
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 February 1970-)
(31 October 1795 – 23 February 1821)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Jiske Dhun Par Duniya Nache, Kumar Vishwas
- Candadi Kelidara Vistara, Shishunala Sharif
- Anubhava Gitegalu, Shishunala Sharif
Poem of the Day
- Your Paradise Is Met, Naveed Akram
- Who Needs Rains In Heaven?, G. AKANJI OLANIYI
- Prevention is better than cure, Leong Ming Loong
- Twittering Among Feelings, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Living Passion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Love Magic, Col Muhamad Khalid Khan
- Life Stretching, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Electric Love, Suresh Dogra
- Capturing An Awareness, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Letting Imagination Run, RoseAnn V. Shawiak