I feel along my veins, my blood,
I'm a fortunate one who loves
his mother tongue!
My heart leaps up in boundless joy
when I hear Bengali(language)
in an unknown place.
Mad, mad I'm for this milk
which feeds me culture
Oh! my land.
The brave souls gave
their young lives
to save their mother tongue
from others' hand.
Salute to you all
the heroes of Bangladesh!
You immortalized yourselves
on this day.
21st February is that day,
giving lives your debt you did pay!
Neela Nath's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (21st February by Neela Nath )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- *Darling Dove, C. P. Sharma
- *The Divine Blessings - For Jen Walls an.., C. P. Sharma
- Bittersweet, Kelly Curiel
- The American Dream, Lilly Emery
- *Rumi Speaks, C. P. Sharma
- Destiny Misplaced, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Stray Thoughts, C. P. Sharma
- Shame-Shame Israel, Aftab Alam
- Paths Of Childhood, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- lips of flower, Aftab Alam