Do not jump my gun.
Dare you not proclaim victory,
Without my sanction.
Wait for my order.
You do as I please.
Me the fly in your ointment.
The Indian who never sleeps.
Hungry, naked, brutalised,
I am on the fence.
I do not war,
I bring the fear,
Of god in you.
Hardik Mahesh Vaidya.
Hardik Vaidya's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (2014 by Hardik Vaidya )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
Robert William Service
(16 January 1874 - 11 September 1958)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
- Michael P. McParland
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- The Saddest Poem, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Winter Solstice, Jacqueline C Nash
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- A Question, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- A Little While, Dante Gabriel Rossetti
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- My Dear Father, Monesh Kumar
- But quarrelsome, gajanan mishra
- Period so brief, hasmukh amathalal
- Rapping Christmas, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- On Christmas Evening, John Lars Zwerenz
- MAX, Dog goD 8Hate
- Defective, gajanan mishra
- Deep Pain, Michael P. McParland
- Miracle Of Compassion, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- Dedication, Michael P. McParland