Tonight I slipped on a banana peel
I fell backwards: Bust my back
Disfiguring scars covering my heart
Hurt less than the day you left me!
Time has not been kind to my wounds
Healing fleeing from my vocab!
A great dust bowl nature's thieves
Their final conquest the graveyards of my thoughts
My abandoned soul a dried up riverbed
So clear, so visible, yet void of life
When will the next spring thaw arrive?
Rushing down the valley of despair!
Replenish my river of dreams
Is this wishful thinking?
What if it does not snow again?
What if your clouds do gather again!
Flood the mountaintops of a new distant land
Where you parked your loving breaths?
His-not my riverbed- will overflow,
This coming spring while mine dies of thirst!
Rich silt of life overflows his banks
While exposing the dust in my riverbed
Stale smells the hallmark of despair
10,000 wishes for death my last breath!
Copyright Leaking Pen 2013
Leaking Pen's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (10,000 wishes by Leaking Pen )
- A Man's Oft-hidden Tears, Maurice Harris
- Contentment, Katherine Nordhaus
- The News Explained it to Me, Vera Sidhwa
- Diwali, Hans Raj Sharma
- One Nation Under God, Katherine Nordhaus
- the weather knows where i'll someday put.., Mandolyn ...
- Love Is, sallam yassin
- MY HEART SMILES TO YOU, john chizoba vincent
- When The Wind Blows, Tony Adah
- If I am just A Character, Felicia Manning
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- A Drinking Song, William Butler Yeats
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
- Heather Burns
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)