Paul Gerard Reed
Paul Gerard Reed Poems
- Bluebells Time has grown over these plots Of broken down ...
- Everything I leave to you everything…. The sunny days When ...
- Wish The Day Away The fingers of the clock Would not move ...
- The Pit Pony I found out with sadness about your plight Your...
- The Day Is Nearly Done The day is nearly done Unblemished by...
- Tyne Valley Mist The ground was slumbering Beneath your ...
- The Ridge We are sitting on the ridge Looking down at our ...
All my poems since 2010 are on poemsforlifebypaul.blogspot.com.
I wrote 365 poems between October 2010 and 2011.
I would like to write over 1,000 poems but as I have found numerical challenges usually reduce the quality (if there was any to begin with) .
Inspirations - all poets with a feeling for nature and 'insignificant' things that are actually significant.
Motivations - to express emotions, make people laugh or otherwise connect with the writing emotionally. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Paul Gerard Reed
Time has grown over these plots
Of broken down plinths
And ragged headstones
With their faded engraving
Surnames, still proud in capitals
And dates from long ago;
The world has moved on
And left them sleeping underground
Here they lie, neglected, forgotten
Lonely in their spring-shaded place
The dappled sunlight caresses each marker
And the bluebells grow everywhere
We stand in respect for a moment
And hear the stillness of the breeze
That blows through our minds
We are captive on this earth
A dying breed forever
A victim of our own ...