Meer Taqi Meer
Meer Taqi Meer Poems
- Hastee Apnee Hubaab Kee See Ha... hastee apnee Hubaab kee see ...
- Be-Khudee Le Ga'Ee Kahaan Ham ... be-KHudee le ga'ee kahaaN ...
- Ankhon Mein Ji Mera Hai Idhar ...
- In The Prison Pen Listless he eyes the palisades And ...
- The Released Rebel Prisoner Armies he's seen- the herds of ...
Syed Amanullah Meer Taqi was the only son of a Sufi saint, Meer Muttaqi. When Meer was a little child, his father looking at his face used to say which is this fire burning within your heart that is reflecting on your face. Sufis are lovers of God and so he thought that it was the fire of love for Allah. Living in a atmosphere of sufism at a very young age had profound effect on Meer. He did not have much desires for worldly things.
While on his death bed, his father instructed Meer to "Adopt the path of love. A life without love is an ordeal and losing one's heart in love is the real art. Though this path is riddled with difficulties, love is what drives the world." ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Hastee Apnee Hubaab Kee See Hai
hastee apnee Hubaab kee see hai
ye numa'ish suraab kee see hai
naazukee uss ke lab kee kya kahiye
paNkhaRee ik gulaab kee see hai
baar-baar us ke dar pe jaata hooN
Haalat ab iztiraab kee see hai
maiN jo bola kaha ke ye aawaaz
usee KHaanah-KHaraab kee see hai
Meer" un neem-baaz aaNkhoN meN
saaree mastee sharaab kee see hai