Matthias Pantaleon Poems
- Andoni Islands As the wind blows toward to my homeland my ...
- The Unusual Sonnet West have everything I need Why go north ...
- Andoni On My Mind Home is in the mind We never truly forget ...
- The Sonnet Dear brother, sister, can you see the light Or ...
- Chiquitita I hope to see you sometime soon Try not to miss ...
- Victory Comes In The Morning I've been in the cage for too ...
- William I have stop dreaming since The day you went away I ...
Matthias Pantaleon (born August 24,1984) is a Nigerian contemporary poet, lyricist and playwright of Ijaw descent from Andoni, Rivers State. He is considered the most consistent contemporary creative writer of modern African literature spanning over two decades.
Born of Andoni parentage in Oronija Island to the Unama Royal House of Agana and Etete War Canoe House of Okolo-Ile, Andoni, Rivers State. He was raised in both Creek Road and Borokiri areas of Port Harcourt.
The fourth in a family of seven. His father was a veteran in the Mobile Police Force (Squadron Number 5, Benin City) and retired as an Assistant Superintendent of Police, ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''The things that cause a quiet life are not expensive; yet we ignore them. The things that ruin our lives are quite expensive; we acquire them anyway'Passion * Nature * Sacrifice
'''Listen to palms rhythm; hear the birds chirp like rock stars. Poetry is star above the rocks'Rockstar * Palms * Rhythm
As the wind blows toward to my homeland
my heart melt a thousand times
From afar I could hear the waves
whispering on the river bank
Sun smiles more beautiful on water surface
Blue sky merge where earth meets heaven
Palms sway this way and that
Homeland is greener than ever
The pulse of my heart increases
As I draw closer to the shore
This is home to many sons afar
Sons who may never see their motherland
As I thought of sons who have fallen
in distant land tears pour plentiful
How foolish we are to think
We will ever be happy in ...