Matthias Pantaleon Poems
- Irrational Lover You grief me my lady Seize my quietness in...
- Quietness The Journey I embark upon Through the wild street...
- Natasha She is the heart I reserve in a spare being Just in...
- Poverty The pot weighs like the world is on her head It’s a ...
- A Bird Without A Song A bird without a song She is a pitiful...
- Sparrow The Sparrow perched on A tree trunk Message in ...
- The Black Child As he run wild and naked in the rain The ...
Matthias Pantaleon (born August 24,1984) is a Nigerian poet, lyricist and playwright.
He is considered the most consistent contemporary creative writer of African descent.
Born Muamma Ghaddafi, named after the Libyan leader Col. Muamma Ghaddafi and christened Matthias by his mum, Pantaleon was born in the sleepy isle of Oronija, south eastern corner of the oil rich Niger Delta Region.
He enjoys a good reputation for writing classics and satires. His poetry collections, Misunderstood, was published in 2012 and this was followed by Journey to the Unknown (2014) . Mudiaga (2015) was written mainly as a form of entertainment. Considering its short length which ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
'''The things that cause a quiet life are not expensive; yet we ignore them. The things that ruin our lives are quite expensive; we acquire them anyway'Passion * Nature * Sacrifice
'''Listen to palms rhythm; hear the birds chirp like rock stars. Poetry is star above the rocks'Rockstar * Palms * Rhythm
You grief me my lady
Seize my quietness in all modesty
Bid me sleep on thorns
Never to rise to grace
In your kindness
you pray I prosper in misery
Wish I've the patient to bear
suffering with smile
Without taking a bride
as gracious as death
Such terms you gave me
In your meekness
I'd never know peace
Any less than I nurse misfortune
Such were your kindness
in no kind way
you wish you were my duchess
Riding on unicorn with sterling wings
Silk and pearls at your feet
Your hair trailing behind them ...