Letitia Elizabeth Landon
Letitia Elizabeth Landon Poems
- Revenge Ay, gaze upon her rose-wreathed hair, And gaze...
- Secrets LIFE has dark secrets; and the hearts are few That ...
- The Power Of Words 'Tis a strange mystery, the power of ...
- Scenes In London I - Piccadill... THE sun is on the crowded ...
- Fountain’s Abbey NEVER more, when the day is o'er, Will the...
- Fairies On The Sea Shore. By H... MY home and haunt are in ...
- A Legend Of Tintagel Castle ALONE in the forest, Sir Lancelot...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Ay, gaze upon her rose-wreathed hair,
And gaze upon her smile;
Seem as you drank the very air
Her breath perfumed the while:
And wake for her the gifted line,
That wild and witching lay,
And swear your heart is as a shrine,
That only owns her sway.
'Tis well: I am revenged at last,—
Mark you that scornful cheek,—
The eye averted as you pass'd,
Spoke more than words could speak.
Ay, now by all the bitter tears
That I have shed for thee,—
The racking doubts, the burning fears,—
Avenged they ...