Letitia Elizabeth Landon
The Power of Words
'Tis a strange mystery, the power of words!
Life is in them, and death. A word can send
The crimson colour hurrying to the cheek.
Hurrying with many meanings; or can turn
The current cold and deadly to the heart.
Anger and fear are in them; grief and joy
Are on their sound; yet slight, impalpable:--
A word is but a breath of passing air.
Letitia Elizabeth Landon's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Power of Words by Letitia Elizabeth Landon )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Emptiness, Ronald Chapman
- A Wonder to be Seen on the Han River (Re.., Ronald Chapman
- A Moment's pause, David Whalen
- Almost Forever, Ronald Chapman
- Ice Queen - Yuna Kim Homage (Regional), Ronald Chapman
- lower case is better because it's not tr.., Mandolyn Davidson
- Forever Looking For Love, Ronald Chapman
- Dream of Sailing, Ronald Chapman
- All I Want, Ronald Chapman
- A Life For Demise, Dexsta Ray