Ian Jobst Poems
- The Path Less Taken- Sonnet Great primordial hearken unto me,...
- The Cripple Who Is Whole Destruction is beautiful 'tis but a...
- Immortal Tears Silence Doomed a heart to ode-less ...
- A Beautiful Redemption A life is lost while lost is life a ...
- An Ode To The Day Of Lightless...
- On The Field Of Battle I awoke to a bloodstained sky on this...
- The Truths Of Fire Long ago fire came to man's aid It ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
The Path Less Taken- Sonnet
Great primordial hearken unto me,
My task’s not done, yet cannot be so,
I shall travel this road until I’m free,
I must reap by the seeds, of which I grow,
Tempted shall I be by both vain and greed,
I shall be received by my heart’s desire,
I shan’t ever follow, but always lead
For none can extinguish, my hearts fire
I preside over a kingdom of one
O’ Many drop by, but they seldom stay
I’ll kindly reign till my days are done
I shall lighten hearts until the last day
And so whenever your heart feels hollow,
Never succumb, just trust me and follow