Deniz Atay Poems
- The Extant Song With whom I dive below the sky In the silver...
- Your Beauty Once Was Gold Your beauty once was gold ...
- A Polar Bear If each breathe is a frozen sleep If each ...
- Songs Of You I Come to me as a dream, Where flowers of ...
- Cirrus I thought I saw a somewhat-cloud, Somewhat-wool, and...
- Love's Art I sometimes look at a pure beauty, And I seek it...
- Mimosas Come to my garden and smell The vivid mimosas Each ...
- The first thing I'm looking for in a work of art is originality. It's about
seeing the unseen, catching things no other people caught before. This includes poetry.
- Imagination is probably the copilot of this work which is the helper of our focus. From time to time, writing becomes a habit, just like a food that gives us energy.
- My inspiration can be anything. Anything that interests me, anything that I have
thoughts about. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
Comments about Deniz Atay
The Extant Song
With whom I dive below the sky
In the silver rain like a tranquil cry
Into golden seas - beyond the glow
I hear her eyes singing lullaby.
Like an old man's hand, the wind is slow
And the eyes are less merry than mellow
And the heart is dark, as a pearl so deep
And her silence is as white as snow.
But when she speaks in a pure short sleep
And hums her notes like lovebirds cheep
I find her words between the lines
I see her face in the garden I keep.
In her sadness I see her smiles -
Just watch how night goes by miles -
If beauty is one, hers ...