The Extant Song
With whom I dive below the sky
In the silver rain like a tranquil cry
Into golden seas - beyond the glow
I hear her eyes singing lullaby.
Like an old man's hand, the wind is slow
And the eyes are less merry than mellow
And the heart is dark, as a pearl so deep
And her silence is as white as snow.
But when she speaks in a pure short sleep
And hums her notes like lovebirds cheep
I find her words between the lines
I see her face in the garden I keep.
In her sadness I see her smiles -
Just watch how night goes by miles -
If beauty is one, hers in the coast -
Where she dreams, my heart there lies.
Deniz Atay's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (The Extant Song by Deniz Atay )
- Chili con carne in september, Madrason writer
- IN SINS BONDAGE, Dominic George
- HOMO SAPIEN: PERCEPTION OF BEAUTY, Dominic George
- Discipline and decorum., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- I SECRETLY LIKE YOU (haiku), Dominic George
- THE DAY WE HOPE TO APPEAR HANDSOME, Dominic George
- CALAMITY WITH THE MALE CONCUBINE (fiction), Dominic George
- IN THE REALM OF A BEGINNER'S SOUL, Dominic George
- UGLY?, Dominic George
- KILL THE DESIRES OF THE FLESH, Dominic George
Poem of the Day
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(2 June 1840 – 11 January 1928)