Connie Yost Poems
- Rosie The Riveter Hello? This is Kate...Hi Rosie! I thought...
- A Square Dance Dance with the girl with auburn hair, Her pa...
- Morning Conversation 'She's busy making coffee', said the ...
- Butterfly Footprints Jack Frost is arriving to work in the ...
- Snow-Bound By John Greenleaf W...
- Habitat With a tap, tap, tap, and a good strong back, Stir ...
- Wild Flower Garden He complimented Primrose on her classy ...
I wrote my first poem at age 13 and find myself still enjoying writing them. I hope to have a friend artist do some illustrations for some of my poems- -hope to have them in a book some day. My cat, Doobie, is my inspiration many times, as he is my constant companion when I am at home. Nature and human nature are good subjects for me. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Connie Yost
Rosie The Riveter
Hello? This is Kate...Hi Rosie!
I thought you might ring me today!
Grandma? She's fine, hasn't touched her piano,
But today she decided to play.
Uncle John's going strong, can't keep him down,
Walks three miles every morning,
Taking his eggs in to town,
Whether it's scorching or pouring!
Just think, Rosie, those awful black-outs,
Are just scary old things of the past.
No more tokens for butter and sugar,
Nor' rationing stamps for the gas!
Even Grandma ran outside to listen,
Oh, that glorious, victorious sound!
All of us laughing...