Anna Pacheco Poems
- I Lost My Mind On The Way To Y... I lost my mind on the...
- Cool Moon Traveling a cool moon today I see though a ...
- Beautiful Lies Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Beauty ...
- America, I'M Here To Stay I'm American, I'm Cuban I'm black ...
- My New/Old Love I have a new love which I’ve had for many ...
- Just A Whim (A Villanelle Exer... I want to clear my mind ...
- Empty Happiness happy and jovial humorous always with a ...
Born in Miami Beach, FL from Cuban immigrants. Grew up in the Miami/Little Havanna area. I've seen Miami go from mainly a Cuban immigrant area to the current international flavor that exists today. To my surprise, I'm single and do not have children. I began writing poetry this past June inspired by a local radio talk show which sponsored a poetry contest. I'm a Social Worker, my hobbies include quilting, crocheting, reading, and now writing poetry. I also post poems at www.thestarlitecafe.com. I have profiles at www.myspace.com/pachecoanna and www.facebook.com. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
I Lost My Mind On The Way To Your Heart
I lost my mind on the way to your heart
I lost my way on the road to your mind
I have much information to impart
Though I keep it all inside in a bind
I would like you to know all that I feel
Even though shy and quiet as a mouse
I would like you to know that I am real
So you will know if I should be your spouse
Plus we are so much alike, you and I
If we do not meet it would be a shame
It’s so confusing and I don’t know why
Somehow making it all seem like a game
Know you can come to me just as you are
Because you’ll always be my shining star