Uriah Hamilton Poems
- A Different Sky Is Waiting We’ve been in the rain so ...
- A Lush For Your Love I would give up drinking To be drunk ...
- A Stranded Girl On A Friday Ni... She was weeping when we ...
- A Dreamscape Of Love I still find comfort In the soft ...
- Accumulating Days That Lead To...
- All Spirits Will Rise No one dares dream of beach ...
- A Fading Memory Beneath Forget... Look me up at 2: ...
A writer in search of the right word combinations to capture beauty and truth. The trail of beauty he is following begins with King David watching a woman bathe across a rooftop and then fasting for a dying child, then to Walt Whitman making poetic long lines with Emersonian ideas while saluting prostitutes, then to Paul Verlaine shooting the young Arthur Rimbaud who flees poetry to run guns in ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Different Sky Is Waiting
We’ve been in the rain so long
That our eyes are sore and red;
When joy is missing,
We gaze down too long at our feet
As we slowly walk through the city,
But there must be a different sky waiting
Offering love and inspiration.
Beneath these yellow factory skies,
Even the street lights look sadly dim,
Like our spiritual light within
Blurred by an affectionless life.
Things began to change
When I met you in a small bar
Not far from the school where you teach;
I saw Walt Whitman’s Leaves of Grass
Easing out of your purse,
I knew we ...