Tony Elsby (Poems of life and love)
Tony Elsby (Poems of life and love) Poems
- A Child's Message To The World One day I sat on Santa's knee,...
- Great Expectations She rode it through the city street, In ...
- Spiritual Revival Would that I could walk with you, Along ...
- For You No journey would be too long, No effort would be ...
- The Wasp A curious and thirsty wasp, So sadly to relate, ...
- Spare The Rod Pain can be felt in so many ways, Through ...
- The Awakening Her birth was long awaited, This little girl ...
Leicester-born Tony Elsby trained as a journalist with the Leicester Mercury and was later sports editor of two Leicestershire weeklies.
He gained a broad spectrum of experience on local, regional and national newspapers including the Peterborough Evening Telegraph, Nuneaton Tribune, Sunday Sport and Birmingham Post & Mail in such roles as reporter, feature writer, investigative and ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
A Child's Message To The World
One day I sat on Santa's knee,
And he asked me what I'd like
If perhaps I wanted football boots,
Or a brand-new two-wheeled bike,
And I told him he could keep those things,
Cos I had family,
Who'd already seen that Santa's staff,
Would send such things to me.
Instead my wish if Santa Claus,
Could somehow find the time,
Was to send a special message,
As would surely serve mankind,
A message of far-reaching worth,
And alternative ideas to appease,
Those so short-sighted contractors,
Who are felling the rainforest trees.
Which provide ...