Robert Dummett Poems
- When Darkness Falls The moon slides peeling the orange ...
- Unpaid Bills Of Humanity Heaven has but hell to vanquish; ...
- No Tears For Me -new- Stare not at tongues of flame and cry. I do ...
- No Love, No Light, No Logic Sons of Earth, catastrophic ...
- Homecoming Asphalt smacked the plane hard at touchdown. Bins...
- Today With Thanks Today with thanks you adorn this home, ...
- Sugar Cane Cane cuts across a braid of bamboo, Blades ...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Robert Dummett
When Darkness Falls
The moon slides peeling the orange sun.
Seaward seagulls sign a truce of silence,
But cricket has not read the script
And bowls a babble to bats leaving crease
Running out for the night,
Frog, prince of the slime and puffed up like a
Pharisee notes the pitch, pulls no bull,
Hops and tosses a beamer in bass.
The beach buttons up its khaki suit
And sands the galvanize sea smooth,
Save for lover's slaps upon rocky heads;
The lighthouse stands as proud as a phallus-
To ships a friendly flasher,
To buoys a phosphorous professor,
A blast from a ...