No Love, No Light, No Logic
Sons of Earth, catastrophic times,
Vicious and twisted like a tornado
And blinded by some 'sacred book',
Planning destruction of the infidel,
The non-believer, the unfaithful,
Carry heaven and a harem of virgins
In anticipation, in mirage,
To holy war in frenzy
Like a kamikaze pilot in rage.
Menace framed, TV shrinks the globe
Of evil cast, before eyes jump in jackets
At the crack of guns and grenades.
Now, fire lights the heart
Where no heart is, the blaze of meteors
Burns the desert sands
And souls in dozens spiral in dust
In some senseless sacrifice,
To some senseless god,
Most Gracious, Most Merciful, Oft
Under God's bloodshot eye boils the blood.
Robert Dummett's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (No Love, No Light, No Logic by Robert Dummett )
- Letter To My Rose (Part F), Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- you and that love thing..., Mandolyn ...
- Hint, hasmukh amathalal
- Our Green Hope, Christian Tobechukwu Okafor
- - On the Longfellow bridge, Giorgio A. V.
- the dishwasher sounds like it's off its .., Mandolyn ...
- The Piano Player, Stacy L. Mar
- How To Some It Tastes, Is It Poetry
- Snapshot Summer, Stacy L. Mar
- yeah, i'm in love. get over it, Mandolyn ...
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
- Heather Burns