Randy McClave Poems
- Becoming A Man The father told his son when he becomes a man ...
- Bring Me Flowers Bring me flowers when I am living Don't ...
- Love Is Love is special, Love is kind, Love is joyful, ...
- Knowing Of A Tree It is a good thing indeed When someone ...
- Cherry Blossom I stare out at the cherry blossoms In marvel...
- Alcohol Drinking never made me a happier person Nor did it ...
- My Home Town My home town The place where I was born, ...
I was born and raised in Ashland, Kentucky.
I am a also former Golden Gloves champion, and I am United Steelworker. I write to reflect the life I have lived and the suffering and happiness I have been through. I started writing poetry when I was 11 years of age, I have been to many countries Japan, Spain, Canada, Mexico, Scotland, England and I have studied and learned of writings and poetry of the countries that I visited.
I currently have 4 books of poetry published, I have been inspired by poets of the current and of the past, I see life as a poem waiting to be written.. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Quotationsmore quotations »
''If it weren't because of dirty cops, dirty judges and dirty politicians. We would live in a clean country.''The Bible and History
Becoming A Man
The father told his son when he becomes a man
To always be the very best that he truly can,
Becoming a man pertains to wisdom and not of age
Don't enter it with simplicity and never with a gage,
In your life you can become either ruthless or very clever
Truth and honesty will always be your best endeavor,
I hope you my son will choose wisdom and be very kind
Then truly as a real man you assuredly will be defined,
When you help the needy and the poor, manhood you will learn
But, don't ever do it for glamour or expect praise in return,
The day will come when ...