Pookey's Poems Poems
- Sands Of Time And Birthday’s W... I turn the glass over and ...
- Please Don’t Leave Me So… Please Don’t Leave Me So… Please...
- ? ? Why Do People Act Like Tha... Why do people act so rude?...
- Who Am I I lost the person that I once knew She took a ...
- Happy Tears Isn't it funny how our hearts react? Our eyes ...
- Chirp, Chirp, Chirp! ! Chirp, chirp, chirp I can hear the ...
- Wonder Woman Wonder Woman is my name Warding off evil and ...
Hi! I'm Pookey...
I only been writing poetry for a few years but I really like it. It's such a fascinating way of expressing yourself. Sometimes the words just flow... and... sometimes not. ha ha
But it all comes from my heart, my life, experiences I've come across. Some are inspired by others, some are inspired by my husband and kids.
Thanks for stopping by and letting me share. more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Comments about Pookey's Poems
Sands Of Time And Birthday’s Whine
I turn the glass over and watch the sands fall
Creating a mound of memories to recall
I reflect to cherish, the days of my youth
Watching them slip by, not much I can do
But awake to a new day, that too will pass
I will pick up that glass and with no abash
I empty the grains of days gone by
Empty the time, and fool myself “why”?
Who wants to see that you’re getting older
Just let it come by and you’ll feel bolder
I’m not leaving without a fight
I’m stubborn and full of strife
I like how I feel and don’t want a reminder
Just how ...