? ? Why do people act Like That? ?
Why do people act so rude?
Is it about some unspoken rule?
By ranting and raising the roof.
When you mess up by a total goof.
Why do people act so supreme?
When at a point of low-esteem.
Looking down with an evil gleam.
You're wishing this is a bad dream.
Their tongues lash out like a quick whip.
You're thinking 'Mmmm, maybe I'll quit? '
Then you see your pockets are so light,
Reality sinks in and your thoughts ignite.
You scrape up the courage that's running light,
You say what you feel and hold on tight.
You might feel like you're the idiot in sight,
But at least you gave it a fair fight.
Why do people speak with their backs turned?
Don't they know it's kindness they lack?
They turn their heads sideways and show unconcern.
Oh, I'd like to give them a smack.
I take a step back and see thru their eyes.
And wonder is that what they think of me?
Will they succumb to their demise?
Am I as insensitive as can be?
I doubt that at all,
Because I will not fall,
To their level of awful.
With a black eye.
Pookey's Poems's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (? ? Why do people act Like That? ? by Pookey's Poems )
- Between me and You, Rathna nagaraja
- Concepts 24, Somanathan Iyer
- Wind and storm, Somanathan Iyer
- Artistic Eye, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- 9 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Hiding Behind Masks, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- God's Will, Kathryn Tyler King
- 6 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- 4 June 2014, Shri R Brahma
- Breeze, Brian Hyun Kim
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- 1861, Walt Whitman
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- City That Does Not Sleep, Federico García Lorca
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(7 May 1861 – 7 August 1941)