? ? Why do people act Like That? ?
Why do people act so rude?
Is it about some unspoken rule?
By ranting and raising the roof.
When you mess up by a total goof.
Why do people act so supreme?
When at a point of low-esteem.
Looking down with an evil gleam.
You're wishing this is a bad dream.
Their tongues lash out like a quick whip.
You're thinking 'Mmmm, maybe I'll quit? '
Then you see your pockets are so light,
Reality sinks in and your thoughts ignite.
You scrape up the courage that's running light,
You say what you feel and hold on tight.
You might feel like you're the idiot in sight,
But at least you gave it a fair fight.
Why do people speak with their backs turned?
Don't they know it's kindness they lack?
They turn their heads sideways and show unconcern.
Oh, I'd like to give them a smack.
I take a step back and see thru their eyes.
And wonder is that what they think of me?
Will they succumb to their demise?
Am I as insensitive as can be?
I doubt that at all,
Because I will not fall,
To their level of awful.
With a black eye.
Pookey's Poems's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (? ? Why do people act Like That? ? by Pookey's Poems )
- Big Cat Nap - Lincoln Park Zoo, Ima Ryma
- What's the half truth of half world, Aftab Alam
- A Polar Star to Show Your Way, Jayatissa Liyanage
- Walking Is a Way of Life, Frank Avon
- Sirpent, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- And then there were none, Pradip Chattopadhyay
- The Upstairs Witch, David Lewis Paget
- Breeze of love, SALINI NAIR
- Mt. Eden, Frank Avon
- I am in love with you, ambitious blessing
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- Learn to Live, Roopa Menon
- Not Waving but Drowning, Stevie Smith
- Alone, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)