? ? Why do people act Like That? ?
Why do people act so rude?
Is it about some unspoken rule?
By ranting and raising the roof.
When you mess up by a total goof.
Why do people act so supreme?
When at a point of low-esteem.
Looking down with an evil gleam.
You're wishing this is a bad dream.
Their tongues lash out like a quick whip.
You're thinking 'Mmmm, maybe I'll quit? '
Then you see your pockets are so light,
Reality sinks in and your thoughts ignite.
You scrape up the courage that's running light,
You say what you feel and hold on tight.
You might feel like you're the idiot in sight,
But at least you gave it a fair fight.
Why do people speak with their backs turned?
Don't they know it's kindness they lack?
They turn their heads sideways and show unconcern.
Oh, I'd like to give them a smack.
I take a step back and see thru their eyes.
And wonder is that what they think of me?
Will they succumb to their demise?
Am I as insensitive as can be?
I doubt that at all,
Because I will not fall,
To their level of awful.
With a black eye.
Pookey's Poems's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (? ? Why do people act Like That? ? by Pookey's Poems )
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- As I Grew Older, Langston Hughes
- Mother to Son, Langston Hughes
- I, Too, Langston Hughes
- Let America be America Again, Langston Hughes
- April Rain Song, Langston Hughes
- I Dream A World, Langston Hughes
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Life Is Fine, Langston Hughes
- Cross, Langston Hughes
Poem of the Day
- A farmer in snow covered field., Gangadharan nair Pulingat..
- IN LIES! LIES THE WAY TO HELL, Michael P. Johnson
- La-di-da, Bill Galvin
- Labyrinth Of My Dream, Tony Adah
- Balance Your Soul, Lyn Paul
- A Happy and Sad Haiku, Merton Lee
- Plum blossoms, Wenjun Liu
- PH: Echo: Being At Choice, Brian Johnston
- I walked through your woods, Wenjun Liu
- Stray Reflection, Sunny Chopra