? ? Why do people act Like That? ?
Why do people act so rude?
Is it about some unspoken rule?
By ranting and raising the roof.
When you mess up by a total goof.
Why do people act so supreme?
When at a point of low-esteem.
Looking down with an evil gleam.
You're wishing this is a bad dream.
Their tongues lash out like a quick whip.
You're thinking 'Mmmm, maybe I'll quit? '
Then you see your pockets are so light,
Reality sinks in and your thoughts ignite.
You scrape up the courage that's running light,
You say what you feel and hold on tight.
You might feel like you're the idiot in sight,
But at least you gave it a fair fight.
Why do people speak with their backs turned?
Don't they know it's kindness they lack?
They turn their heads sideways and show unconcern.
Oh, I'd like to give them a smack.
I take a step back and see thru their eyes.
And wonder is that what they think of me?
Will they succumb to their demise?
Am I as insensitive as can be?
I doubt that at all,
Because I will not fall,
To their level of awful.
With a black eye.
Pookey's Poems's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (? ? Why do people act Like That? ? by Pookey's Poems )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
Ella Wheeler Wilcox
(5 November 1850 - 30 October 1919)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(13 July 1793 – 20 May 1864)
(October 13th 1990)
(13-7-31 (see reverse))
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1320 – 1392)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- O Captain! My Captain!, Walt Whitman
- I Am the Only Being Whose Doom, Emily Jane Brontë
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Tiger, William Blake
Poem of the Day
- General Gordon, the Hero of Khartoum, Max Plowman
- Limerick-73, DEEPAK KUMAR PATTANAYAK
- MOTHER, KASINIVENTHAN MUTHURAMALINGAM
- The Monkey, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Krampus, Ima Ryma
- For My Love, Sandra Feldman
- I love To Run, Patrick Sant
- My Exploding Stomach, RUBAB ATWAL
- The Lifelong Comrades, Muhammad Farhan Ahmed
- LAST TIME, Terry Collett