Zinnias In A Rye Garden
Along a sunny front yard
In a Rye garden
On the ocean route
Where heavenward zinnias shine,
It is hushed and peaceful.
Bright red, orangey flame scarlet,
Honey nectar yellow and more -
Rays upon about two hundred tall-stemmed zinnias
At a slight curve
Not far from an apple tree
Those starry blossoms
With their magical colors all in a row,
Hug the roadside.
Wishes - old and new -
And rich earth dug by someone alone,
Made the drive around this turn
Gayle Sweeney's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Zinnias In A Rye Garden by Gayle Sweeney )
- I regret nothing, but I invest in what c.., Mandolyn ...
- Steve Jobs, Saiom Shriver
- Crawl, Singleton M. Tate
- Lustful Love, Priscilla Colon
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.2, Singleton M. Tate
- A BIRDS VIEW, shannon strauss
- Do You Know Surrender? Pt.1, Singleton M. Tate
- Here We Go Again, Dylon Cain
- Bitter Slave, S. I. Rednow
- The Pilot, S. I. Rednow