You Stepped On My Parade
So many times I listened to you
and praised the music you made.
But all along as the music played
you stepped on my parade.
And the parade kept moving step by step
and soon I found it gone.
Never could catch up to it again.
But still my heart beats on.
The music is still alive in me
wherever it is I go.
I visualize that parade sometimes
and hear the music from long ago.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Stepped On My Parade by Edwina Reizer )
- Neon Sign, Richard Provencher
- The Sex Offender, Is It Poetry
- somebody buried glass in the middle of t.., gordon nosworthy
- How You..., abigail sikwenda
- In That Moment, abigail sikwenda
- My dance of seven veils, Nalini Chaturvedi
- Explosive True, sallam yassin
- If They Could Talk, Oh!, Luis Estable
- I DO NOT HAVE ANY WORD ليس عندي اية كلمة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Beaufort Docks, Kyle Schlicher