You Stepped On My Parade
So many times I listened to you
and praised the music you made.
But all along as the music played
you stepped on my parade.
And the parade kept moving step by step
and soon I found it gone.
Never could catch up to it again.
But still my heart beats on.
The music is still alive in me
wherever it is I go.
I visualize that parade sometimes
and hear the music from long ago.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Stepped On My Parade by Edwina Reizer )
- Gumsum Gumsum, Akhtar Jawad
- Workmates?, Over The Moon
- Some way or other, gajanan mishra
- A Piece Of My Love., Philip Mutuku
- I Am Time, Time, Indelible, Indestructib.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Cambridge -Seat of Learning., Geoffrey Fafard
- Disharmony......, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL
- Time Is Not Staying In Place, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- If Not Homespun, Scott J. Shepard
- Gifts, Scott J. Shepard
Poem of the Day
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Heather Burns
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)