You Stepped On My Parade
So many times I listened to you
and praised the music you made.
But all along as the music played
you stepped on my parade.
And the parade kept moving step by step
and soon I found it gone.
Never could catch up to it again.
But still my heart beats on.
The music is still alive in me
wherever it is I go.
I visualize that parade sometimes
and hear the music from long ago.
Edwina Reizer's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You Stepped On My Parade by Edwina Reizer )
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(28 November 1757 – 12 August 1827)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
Harivansh Rai Bachchan
(27 November 1907 – 18 January 2003)
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- A Poison Tree, William Blake
- A Dream Within A Dream, Edgar Allan Poe
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
Poem of the Day
- On This Issue, Edward Kofi Louis
- A Lost Friend, adrian moreno
- LIVE THE WAY JESUS LIVED, Bernedita Rosinha Pinto
- Let's Grow Old Together, Spiritwind Wood
- Love Is A Beautiful Thing II, Edward Kofi Louis
- Over The Fence, Edward Kofi Louis
- Abhi Sawera Nahi Hua Hai, Devendra Kumar Singh
- After School Days, Pijush Biswas
- It's Cognizant, Ifthekar Ifthi
- Never A Mistake~, Kamini Arichandran