You are not the wind
One summer day
Walking on a sunlit street
I plucked a leaf from a tree.
“Why did you do that? ” she asked.
“Just playing”, I said.
“Don’t harm the trees”, she said.
“They have their own life”.
“But the wind yanks leaves all the time”,
I averred defensively.
She gave me a pensive look.
“But you are not the wind”,
Paul Hartal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (You are not the wind by Paul Hartal )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
William Ernest Henley
- *My confused mood, C. P. Sharma
- Dear! i Still Love You, Rimni chakravarty
- To vacuum, SALINI NAIR
- Concept's Thresholds, RoseAnn V. Shawiak
- *Scent of Love, C. P. Sharma
- *Flowers' Sacrifice, C. P. Sharma
- Biker Days .... [MOTORCYCLE riding; VER.., Bri Edwards
- Beloved Hourglass, Elizabeth Shield
- August Fires, Dee Corpolongo
- Walking down the last lane!, PARTHA SARATHI PAUL