Paul Hartal Poems
- Democracy Vs. Dictatorship The kangaroo ordered an orange ...
- Oranges And Grapes Oranges and grapes refuse to grow in the ...
- They Come In Seven Sexes An old wing of the ...
- Valium She was not really sick, nor severely ill; only ...
- Haiku With Oxymoron
- The Poetry Of Physics Science thrives absorbed in the myth ...
- Science And Ethics Science flies the triumphal banners of ...
A man of many Odysseys, Paul Hartal is a Canadian poet, writer and artist born in Szeged, Hungary. His recent volume of cognitive and lyric poems, The Sinuosity of Straight Passions, was published in 2013 by Finishing Line Press (Georgetown, KY) . The author’s critically acclaimed books include Postmodern Light (poetry,2006) , Love Poems (2004) , The Kidnapping of the Painter Miró ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
Democracy Vs. Dictatorship
The kangaroo ordered an orange juice.
The crocodile preferred a cup of coffee.
Holding the Party Paper, Edition Zoo,
The hyena opted for his downy dream,
A white vanilla ice cream.
“The president is corrupt and wicked
And his whole bungling government,
Is reprobate and totally incompetent.
They should resign without delay”,
Said the kangaroo.
“Well, perhaps he exaggerated,
But as long ago Voltaire stated,
'I disagree with what you say,
But I will defend to the death your right
To say it’”, uttered the crocodile.
“Although it seems...