Paul Hartal Poems
- They Come In Seven Sexes An old wing of the ...
- Democracy Vs. Dictatorship The kangaroo ordered an orange ...
- Oranges And Grapes Oranges and grapes refuse to grow in the ...
- Valium She was not really sick, nor severely ill; only ...
- Haiku With Oxymoron
- The Poetry Of Physics Science thrives absorbed in the myth ...
- Science And Ethics Science flies the triumphal banners of ...
A man of many Odysseys, Paul Hartal is a Canadian poet, writer and artist born in Szeged, Hungary. His recent volume of cognitive and lyric poems, The Sinuosity of Straight Passions, was published in 2013 by Finishing Line Press (Georgetown, KY) . The author’s critically acclaimed books include Postmodern Light (poetry,2006) , Love Poems (2004) , The Kidnapping of the Painter Miró ... more »
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
They Come In Seven Sexes
An old wing of the university
housed the laboratory.
She passed through a narrow corridor
oozing the autumn moisture
of the morning rain.
She put on a white polyester coat,
adjusted her seat and then
placed the Tetrahymena
under the microscope.
“What are you doing? ”
asked suddenly a baritone voice.
Ruth looked up surprised
and saw Tom, a doctoral student
of anatomy, standing next to her.
“Oh, I do some research
on this tiny critter”, she said.
It is a single-celled animal
from the Protozoa family,
called Tetrahymena, a ...