Yellow is the lollipop I ate,
Followed by a yellow cake.
I straw-sipped yellow lemonade.
Yellow was the rose,
Yellow were the buttercups,
My mind in them dwelt.
Yellow was the sun above,
On a sunshiny yellow day.
Yellow was all I could ask for,
Above any kind of pay.
Yellow was the one sun ray,
I captured in my hand today.
Yellow was that one sun ray,
I kept in my hand today.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yellow by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- Get honestly, hasmukh amathalal
- In So Many Faces I Seek Love, Bazi alis Subrata Ray
- Surroundings, Somanathan Iyer
- The Crowd, Tony Adah
- Amen (ए'मेन), Ronjoy Brahma
- बबि अनजालि, Bahadur Basumatary
- Witchy lady, Clara Keiper
- Birds, Tony Adah
- come, come to the light, let us all bathe., RIC S. BASTASA
- dignity finally comes in the form of a r.., RIC S. BASTASA