Yellow is the lollipop I ate,
Followed by a yellow cake.
I straw-sipped yellow lemonade.
Yellow was the rose,
Yellow were the buttercups,
My mind in them dwelt.
Yellow was the sun above,
On a sunshiny yellow day.
Yellow was all I could ask for,
Above any kind of pay.
Yellow was the one sun ray,
I captured in my hand today.
Yellow was that one sun ray,
I kept in my hand today.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yellow by Vera Sidhwa )
- My Mam Jackie., David Boyce
- For every sun thus there Star Bucks., Raymond Sawyer
- whatever, Frank Avon
- Warmth in the Winter, Joshua Chuhran
- I REMEMBER, Nazreen Nazarudeen
- Story of Man, Joshua Chuhran
- Daily admission, gajanan mishra
- The Idealist., RAJ VIKRAM
- waste your time reading this, Mandolyn ...
- The Harbor, Joshua Chuhran
Poem of the Day
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Raven, Edgar Allan Poe
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
- Heather Burns
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)