Yellow is the lollipop I ate,
Followed by a yellow cake.
I straw-sipped yellow lemonade.
Yellow was the rose,
Yellow were the buttercups,
My mind in them dwelt.
Yellow was the sun above,
On a sunshiny yellow day.
Yellow was all I could ask for,
Above any kind of pay.
Yellow was the one sun ray,
I captured in my hand today.
Yellow was that one sun ray,
I kept in my hand today.
Vera Sidhwa's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Yellow by Vera Sidhwa )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
- It Feels So Far Away This Evening..., B.. Alexander
- Neophytic Gay-Blade, Richard Thripp
- Rebel, Nassy Fesharaki
- Your Organ Donor Card, Richard Thripp
- Floating Feathers, Ronald Chapman
- I LOOK FOR NEW FACES ابحث عن وجوه جديدة, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- First Date (Secret Message Poem), Ronald Chapman
- Love Forever, Sandra Feldman
- Feeling Love, Ronald Chapman
- Hussein, Nassy Fesharaki