Lawrence S. Pertillar
Wrong Road Taken
The moment you began to assess,
Where I lived and how I dressed...
And my choice to choose,
The mode of public transportation...
I was happy to select.
I knew you were on the wrong road taken,
With a belief upon it I would follow.
I 'still' don't know why it is you perceive,
Your abilities to name drop,
Should have an effective impression on me...
Will have me wishing access to social teas,
And network with those who charade...
Proper etiquette and correct successful qualities?
The success I've obtained has 'had' me pleased.
And guess what?
That's why I prefer to take the bus.
With a knowing I am surrounded by reality.
And I associate with folks who have no interest,
In pretentiousness to give or receive that reflects...
Noticeable insecurities I long ago have left.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wrong Road Taken by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
William Butler Yeats
(13 June 1865 – 28 January 1939)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Christmas Carol, Sara Teasdale
- The Three Kings, Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- Dreams, Langston Hughes
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- A Child's Christmas in Wales, Dylan Thomas
Poem of the Day
- Release yourself, Elena Ioannou
- BETCHE SAID PATIENCE, ANTHONY KIRUI
- Crazy Thing, Leah Ayliffe
- A Thought A Head, Ima Ryma
- **कधी कधी **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** सागं ना 2 **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- ** अबोल भावना मनातल्या **, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge
- I am Not Alone, Sandra Feldman
- When the flower withers, Leong Ming Loong
- चादंण रात, Lyrics Swapnild Chatge