Lawrence S. Pertillar
Wrong Road Taken
The moment you began to assess,
Where I lived and how I dressed...
And my choice to choose,
The mode of public transportation...
I was happy to select.
I knew you were on the wrong road taken,
With a belief upon it I would follow.
I 'still' don't know why it is you perceive,
Your abilities to name drop,
Should have an effective impression on me...
Will have me wishing access to social teas,
And network with those who charade...
Proper etiquette and correct successful qualities?
The success I've obtained has 'had' me pleased.
And guess what?
That's why I prefer to take the bus.
With a knowing I am surrounded by reality.
And I associate with folks who have no interest,
In pretentiousness to give or receive that reflects...
Noticeable insecurities I long ago have left.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wrong Road Taken by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
- Praising a Poet, 'me' by a Co-Poet!, Dr.V.K. Kanniappan
- My Dog Lays at My Feet, David McLansky
- The two I trust (sonnet), Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Owls or rats, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- Jesus, God, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- माँ का सूरज कहीं खो गया, Aftab Alam
- Brother John, Colin Ian Jeffery
- पयादे से मात, Aftab Alam
- My birthday song 2, Tinashe Mupedzapasi
- The Saffron Drape, Aftab Alam
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- 1914 V: The Soldier, Rupert Brooke
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Do Not Stand At My Grave And Weep, Mary Elizabeth Frye
- All the World's a Stage, William Shakespeare
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
- Heather Burns
(30 December 1865 – 18 January 1936)
(23 July 1823 - 26 November 1896)
James Whitcomb Riley
(7 October 1849 - 22 July 1916)