Lawrence S. Pertillar
Wrong Road Taken
The moment you began to assess,
Where I lived and how I dressed...
And my choice to choose,
The mode of public transportation...
I was happy to select.
I knew you were on the wrong road taken,
With a belief upon it I would follow.
I 'still' don't know why it is you perceive,
Your abilities to name drop,
Should have an effective impression on me...
Will have me wishing access to social teas,
And network with those who charade...
Proper etiquette and correct successful qualities?
The success I've obtained has 'had' me pleased.
And guess what?
That's why I prefer to take the bus.
With a knowing I am surrounded by reality.
And I associate with folks who have no interest,
In pretentiousness to give or receive that reflects...
Noticeable insecurities I long ago have left.
Lawrence S. Pertillar's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Wrong Road Taken by Lawrence S. Pertillar )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
William Ernest Henley
Did you read them?
- A Balancing Bow? (Advaita), Monk E. Biz
- Small Share Fleeced Investors Go Belly Up, Terence G. Craddock
- I am in the sea, gajanan mishra
- Goddess of England, Joseph Narusiewicz
- Half-Salary Jesuit Masters, Richard Thripp
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -55, Ronjoy Brahma
- Son of Truth, gajanan mishra
- False redemption, hasmukh amathalal
- गोरबो इसिँनिफ्राइ -54, Ronjoy Brahma
- Of Apple Pie and Golden Bands, Monk E. Biz