I remember, when we met
Where and how.
I remember, my levitation
When you said yes
To my fumbled invitation.
I remember, walking with you
Your hand held tightly, in mine.
Warmth spreading through me,
Leaking through my smile,
To rest on your perfection.
I remember, silly jokes.
Was not a word to us.
We, who built snowmen in July,
And sunbathed in December.
I remember, that wondrous day
We first made love.
Inexpertly, but urgently.
Rushing blood and eager hands,
Transporting us to magic lands.
I remember, the day you said goodbye.
Stomach knotted, still besotted,
Heart just screaming, Why? ?
You walked away, that silent day,
And left me there to cry.
Of course, I built another life,
Consigned the magic to the ground.
But knowing, all along
That I would never, really be alive,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Without You by Owain Glyn )
- The smell that brought back memories, Sneha R.V
- About Me, Sreeram Vasudevan
- Maturity, RAJESH.C BOSE
- Exhausted, Paola Degli Esposti
- Emptiness, michael walkerjohn
- Invisible Love, Kumarmani Mahakul
- When Fishes Flew, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Restricted And Limited, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- The Song of Elf, Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- Love Is Not My Trade, Melikhaya Zagagana
Poem of the Day
- Daffodils, William Wordsworth
- Annabel Lee, Edgar Allan Poe
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Home And Love, Robert William Service
- Being With You, Heather Burns
- In The Forest, Sarojini Naidu
- Nothing Gold Can Stay, Robert Frost
- A Prayer in Spring, Robert Frost
- A Lover's Complaint, William Shakespeare
- Coromandel Fishers, Sarojini Naidu
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(13 September 1916 – 23 November 1990)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
Percy Bysshe Shelley
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(10 January 1887 – 20 January 1962)