I remember, when we met
Where and how.
I remember, my levitation
When you said yes
To my fumbled invitation.
I remember, walking with you
Your hand held tightly, in mine.
Warmth spreading through me,
Leaking through my smile,
To rest on your perfection.
I remember, silly jokes.
Was not a word to us.
We, who built snowmen in July,
And sunbathed in December.
I remember, that wondrous day
We first made love.
Inexpertly, but urgently.
Rushing blood and eager hands,
Transporting us to magic lands.
I remember, the day you said goodbye.
Stomach knotted, still besotted,
Heart just screaming, Why? ?
You walked away, that silent day,
And left me there to cry.
Of course, I built another life,
Consigned the magic to the ground.
But knowing, all along
That I would never, really be alive,
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Owain Glyn's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Poet's Notes about The Poem
Comments about this poem (Without You by Owain Glyn )
- Soul Sighter, michael walkerjohn
- I Don't Want To Be but I want to., Menkato Awomi
- Treasure Island, Akhtar Jawad
- I Love You- -II, Bijay Kant Dubey
- Burkhawalli, Tumhe Kis Karke Paya Ki Tum.., Bijay Kant Dubey
- Do Not Forget, Asit Kumar Sanyal
- Bade Miyan, Cchote Miyan Aur Bukhawalli, Bijay Kant Dubey
- z, Vera Sidhwa
- (A) Bio-Environ-P0em, Nyein Way
- Fobbed Off, Diane Hine
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Fire and Ice, Robert Frost
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- Problematic!, Edward Kofi Louis
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- If, Rudyard Kipling
- Alone, Edgar Allan Poe
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(16 August 1920 – 9 March 1994)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)
- Heather Burns
(13 February 1879 - 2 March 1949)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)