Shah Jehan Ashrafi
Shah Jehan Ashrafi Poems
- Sorrow It surges like waves in one's mind Meditating over it...
- Guilt Guilt is veiled in weak souls The souls that do not ...
- Water Water Everywhere Water water everywhere And yet not ...
- The Wizard Fed up with life a man was meditating Everything ...
- The Mystic Invisible like the wind and crystal clear like ...
- Fear Fear came to me on its doomsday From here and there it ...
- Lost The scorching sun was laughing Blisters of my feet were...
Click here to add this poet to your My Favorite Poets.
It surges like waves in one's mind
Meditating over it brings more pain
But without it there is no gain
Life is a sea of sorrows
At every step it looms
Doomed to be its prey
Blinded, human beings do not find their way
A turmoil it brings
Every moment like a bell it rings
Destiny leads us to its arms
We are all intoxicated by its charms
Sharing it may sometimes alleviate its intensity
To get rid of it means losing one's identity
Let me fill my cup with this wine
Sometimes hollow, sometimes divine
It is here to keep making the heart pine
Oh sorrow ...