God has made it as magical home
Each and every living object is welcome
What a fresh air to breathe in and think!
Not a slight idea to get lost and sink
Whole universe is made an accommodating place
Anybody can fly off to save the life and face
As the skilled people go with consent and permit
The birds need no sanction as they are capable and fit
When severe winter sets in, they prepare for migration
My country has found for them a strong bond and close relation
We have warm and sweet fresh waters comfort their stay
How long and torturous journey they undertake to find the way?
No international boundary mars their onward journey
In thousands they flock in sky and land in plenty
Natural breeding ground opens for them with lots of safety
What a magical show with the blessings from almighty!
When we are fighting for piece of land and secured place?
They have all the techniques to prove and preserve the race
How many years of existence have they continued?
The safe passage with traditional love route nicely pursued
It is nice and heartily welcome step to observe their happy plight
How have they proved by showing to world that they are right?
There can be safe refuge without any bloodshed in this part
Not compromising with stated bitterness and to depart
When nature is with us to observe calm and peace
The birds show and present their nests at the beaches
Whole atmosphere is filled with great joy and happiness
What can we understand from these birds in such case?
No one is loosing path and gets lost
It may be long but has nothing to cost
If will power is strengthen with belief
We, as sensible race, can provide the relief
*Migratory birds visit Gujarat desert every year in winter from Russia*
hasmukh amathalal's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem (Winter abode by hasmukh amathalal )
Did you read them?
- Their faces وجوههم, MOHAMMAD SKATI
- Blessings I Received, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Hiking Limerick, Mr. Spock
- Ferguson?, Lawrence S. Pertillar
- Winter Sky, Spiritwind Wood
- I Want to Sing with Willie, Kim Barney
- Psalm 075, Forrest Hainline
- My Mother's Memory, Jessica Gabanyic
- 20 meters from the river Bollin, Mark Heathcote
- More, Waltz For Zizi
Poem of the Day
- 04 Tongues Made Of Glass, Shaun Shane
- Do Not Go Gentle Into That Good Night, Dylan Thomas
- Still I Rise, Maya Angelou
- The Road Not Taken, Robert Frost
- Phenomenal Woman, Maya Angelou
- No Man Is An Island, John Donne
- If You Forget Me, Pablo Neruda
- Two Hearts Beat as One, Goodness Tchibueze
- Invictus, William Ernest Henley
- I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings, Maya Angelou
(March 26, 1874 – January 29, 1963)
(12 July 1904 – 23 September 1973)
(4 April 1928 - 28 May 2014)
(1 February 1902 – 22 May 1967)
Edgar Allan Poe
(19 January 1809 - 7 October 1849)
(31 May 1819 - 26 March 1892)
(27 October 1914 – 9 November 1953)
(10 December 1830 – 15 May 1886)
(26 April 1564 - 23 April 1616)