Is It Poetry
'Why, The Caged Bird Sings
I know now what freedom is like.
The fresh perfumed breeze I am caught.
To see the red planet so far,
when venus her mon's bright the star.
To see our blue planet from high.
looking down makes me cry.
The eagles broad wings, finger tips.
Tell me why if you can,
every why the caged bird sings.
Once like a slave I once was,
wearing chains not from love no suprise.
Even then driving by,
looking at them and why the caged bird it sings.
Year upon year slowly went by,
in a cell where young men had died.
I raised a sparrow there.
I was sad when it learned to fly.
One feather I kept as I saw it fly high.
Sobbing in silence I wept.
I could not teach even it about life.
Could it fend for it's self or die.
In death I would sleep every night.
And in dreams the monks came to me.
Confession or not,
why the caged bird it sings to be freed.
From this world and it's cold design.
Is It Poetry's Other Poems
Read this poem in other languages
This poem has not been translated into any other language yet.
Comments about this poem ('Why, The Caged Bird Sings by Is It Poetry )
The Road Not Taken
If You Forget Me
Still I Rise
Edgar Allan Poe
Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening
I Know Why The Caged Bird Sings
A Dream Within A Dream
Edgar Allan Poe
Did you read them?
- *VI*- To Love, Leslie Guylee Cron
- This Prismatic Day, mary douglas
- Take My Last Sapphire Wish To Use On, mary douglas
- Savory Deal, Mike Acker
- SCRIPT, MYK NWACHUKWU
- Rhyming poetry starter kit, Allen Vaysberg
- It's Not The Illuminations Over The Palace, mary douglas
- That extra kiss, Allen Vaysberg
- There Will Be A Snowfall Of Poems, mary douglas
- Man just kills another man, Allen Vaysberg